If you get the message "We had trouble connecting!" and your Smart leak detector beeps 2 times after you go through the set up steps, it means that the device could not receive the audio signal from your phone.
Try these steps to resolve the issue:
- If you have a Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone, please ensure that you are using Version 3.2.6 or later of the Roost app.
- Place both your Roost leak detector and smartphone on a flat hard surface, such as a table.
- Please note: hard surfaces such as granite, glass, or other stone may cause your device to not receive the audio signal from your phone. Please use a different surface such as wood or laminate.
- Make sure you have located your smartphone speakers. iPhone speakers are located at the bottom of the phone, but the speaker location varies across Android models.
- Keep the leak detector sound holes within 1/2 inch proximity to your smartphone speakers. The sound holes are the holes in the top of your leak detector opposite the roost logo.
- If you have a cover on your smartphone please remove it during setup.
- Turn up the volume on your smartphone speakers to at least 80% of the volume capacity.
- Reduce ambient room noise around you by turning off TVs and music or asking curious children to be quiet.
- Do not touch or jostle your leak detector or smartphone during the audio pairing process.
We apologize for any inconvenience if you still have issues with connecting your Roost Smart Leak Detector after following these steps. Please contact our customer support team.