If you get an error message and your Roost device beeps 2 times after you go through the set up steps, it means that the device could not decode (receive) the audio signal from your phone.
Try these steps to resolve the issue:
- Place both your Roost device and smartphone on a flat hard surface, such as a table.
- Please note: hard surfaces such as granite, glass, or other stone may cause your device to not receive the audio signal from your phone. Please use a different surface such as wood or laminate.
- Make sure you have located your smartphone speakers. iPhone speakers are located at the bottom of the phone, but the speaker location varies across Android models.
- Keep the device's sound hole near your smartphone speakers as shown in the photo in the Roost app.
- If you have a cover on your smartphone please remove it during setup.
- Turn up the volume on your smartphone speakers to at least 80% of the volume capacity.
- Reduce ambient room noise around you by turning off TVs and music or asking curious children to be quiet.
- Do not touch or jostle your Roost device or smartphone during the audio pairing process.
We apologize for any inconvenience if you still have issues with connecting your Roost device after following these steps. Please contact our customer support team.