If you get the message "We had trouble connecting!" and your Smart leak detector did not beep at all after you go through the set up steps, it means that the leak detector is not hearing the connection audio tone that your smartphone played.
Try these steps to resolve the issue:
- If you have a Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone, please ensure that you are using Version 3.2.6 or later of the Roost app.
- If you are using an iPhone 7, you may need to reduce the volume to 75-80% after a failure to connect and 0 beeps.
- Make sure you have removed the red pull tab from the Roost Leak Detector.
- Make sure your leak detector is in setup mode. with the LED next to the Roost logo on the top cover blinking green. If you do not see this blinking green LED, please reset your leak detector.
- Remove your smartphone's case.
- Place your smartphone and leak detector on a hard flat surface.
- Please note: hard surfaces such as granite, glass, or other stone may cause your leak detector to not receive the audio signal from your phone. Please use a different surface such as wood or laminate.
- Make sure the sound holes of the leak detector are near your smartphone's speaker. The edge of the leak detector should almost touch your smartphone speaker or try the alternative configuration at the bottom of this article.
- Please try setting up the leak detector again
We apologize for any inconvenience if you still have issues with connecting your Roost Smart Battery after following these steps. Please contact our Customer Support team
You can also try using this alternative configuration for making sure the sound from the your phone is transmitted clearly to your leak detector.