If your Smart Battery didn’t beep at all at the end of the connection process, it means that the battery is not hearing the Roost audio tone.
Try these steps to resolve the issue:
- Make sure the clear pull tab has been removed from the Roost Battery.
- The Smart Module is the small white cap at the end of the battery opposite the power connection end. Remove the Smart Battery’s Smart Module from the battery for 5 seconds and then reattach it. When you reattach the Smart Module you should hear a single beep. If you do not hear a single beep, please contact Roost Customer Support.
- Remove your smartphone's case.
- Place your smartphone and battery on a hard flat surface, with the battery sound hole about 1/2 inch from your phone's speaker (as shown in the app). You may want to try a closer distance (1/4") and a further distance (3/4") on retries.
- Please note: hard surfaces such as granite, glass, or other stone may cause your battery to not receive the audio signal from your phone. Please use a different surface such as wood or laminate.
- Please try setting up the battery again.
Samsung and iPhone 7 users:
- If you have a Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone, please ensure that you are using Version 3.2.6 or later of the Roost app.
- If you are using an iPhone 7, you may need to reduce the volume to 75-80% after a failure to connect and 0 beeps.
With any phone you can also try this alternative set up configuration, placing your smartphone's speaker over the sound hole of the battery. This is an effective configuration particularly if your smartphone speaker is on the back of your phone.
We apologize for any inconvenience if you still have issues with connecting your Roost Smart Battery after following these steps. Please contact our Customer Support team.