If your battery beeps 2 times after you press "Connect" during the "Setup via audio connection" step, it means that the battery could not receive the audio signal from your phone.
Try these steps to resolve the issue:
- If you have a Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone, please ensure that you are using Version 3.2.6 or later of the Roost app.
- Place both your Smart Battery and smartphone on a flat hard surface, such as a table.
- Please note: hard surfaces such as granite, glass, or other stone may cause your battery to not receive the audio signal from your phone. Please use a different surface such as wood or laminate.
- Make sure you have located your smartphone speakers. iPhone speakers are located at the bottom of the phone, but the speaker location varies across Android models.
- Keep the Smart Battery sound hole facing and within 1/2 inch proximity to your smartphone speakers. The sound hole is the small hole in the larger side of your Smart Battery opposite the battery side with the Roost logo.
- If you have a cover on your smartphone please remove it during setup.
- Turn up the volume on your smartphone speakers to at least 80% of the volume capacity.
- Reduce ambient room noise around you by turning off TVs and music or asking curious children to be quiet.
- Do not touch or jostle your Smart Battery or smartphone during the audio pairing process.
You can also try this alternative set up configuration, placing your smartphone's speaker over the sound hole of the battery. This is an effective configuration particularly if your smartphone speaker is on the back of your phone.
We apologize for any inconvenience if you still have issues with connecting your Roost Smart Battery after following these steps. Please contact our customer support team.