You can check the current position of your garage door in the Roost app by tapping the name tile for your garage door sensor from your home screen. Then select 'Door Position'. You will see a pop up telling you if your sensor thinks your garage door is open or closed. You can then select yes or no to confirm if this is correct or not.
If the app thinks that your garage door is open when it is closed or vice versa, this can easily be resolved in your app. Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue.
- Tap ‘No’ when asked if the door position is correct.
- After a few minutes, please check the door position again in the app.
- If the door position is still incorrect, you will need to re-set your device.
- Open your garage door (ensuring that you close it behind you) and remove the garage door sensor from the blue clip attaching it to your garage door.
- Remove the bottom smart module (the small rectangular piece at the bottom of the battery below the blue line), wait 5-10 seconds and replace it. After another couple of seconds, you will hear a single beep from the sensor.
- An LED on the short edge of the smart module will blink red for 10 minutes after re-set. This indicates that the sensor is in set up mode and will not check in with the Roost cloud until after it exits setup mode.
- Then, place your sensor back into the blue clip, open your garage door and close it behind you. Please then check the door position in your app again.
If these steps do not resolve your issue, or if you have further questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com